Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really loved this year's schedule, it kept bad blood brewing, and division games were awesome. Does the NHL plan to keep the current schedule it has at the moment? Because that would be great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Adama0905 said:
I really loved this year's schedule, it kept bad blood brewing, and division games were awesome. Does the NHL plan to keep the current schedule it has at the moment? Because that would be great.
I don't know if they are, but i agree there was some pretty intence divisional battles through out the year. However I hope they change up the divisions a little so teams like detroit don't get to paly the 3 easyest teams in the west the most.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The division battles were great, but yeah, you're right, Detroit playing the easiest teams in the league all the time doesn't exactly sound fair, but i don't think they can switch them up really...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Adama0905 said:
The division battles were great, but yeah, you're right, Detroit playing the easiest teams in the league all the time doesn't exactly sound fair, but i don't think they can switch them up really...
Yea, and that didnt help detroit in the playoffs. :cool:

Bad blood = ticket sales, dont expect much to change :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, exactly, I would love to go to a Calgary or Vancouver game against the Avs, because there has been some really bad blood in these series. They would be great, and there are 8 of them a season! :p so yeah, this is a great schedule, at least for me, supporting a team that is in one of the most competitive divisions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Leave things the way they are, I'm hoping to get to a Wings - Avs game at some point next season, hopefully we can carry on where we left off this year in THAT particular series...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
this years scheduling was lame! the wings were not ready for a harder team because we played all these mediocre ones.. like chicago.. welli wouldnt even say mediocre there....

then we played NASHVILLE way to freakin much.. they need to make allowences and make some of these games balance out to where we are going to play different teams

·
Registered
269 Posts
Adama0905 said:
I sure as hell hope not. Nashville, St. Louis, and Chicago all year again. Please. Might as well play high school teams. St. Louis I will give a break. They were competitive the last 25 years. Chicago with that loser owner Wirtzless never. Count your money cheap and greedy. Chicago fans may just eventually dump you in lake Michigan. Go out to pasture with the ford's please. Nashville??? Can't respect a team that didn't sell out all their playoff games. That's pathetic. Bring back Montreal, Toronto, Boston, and the Rangers for Detroit.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I found it to be disappointing. No games between the Northeast and Central divisions? I didn't like a all that I won't be seeing some teams play each other. No wings vs. Sens, only 1 Westen Canadian road trip for Toronto (instead of 3 games against the 'Nucks, Oilers, and Flames), and I saw too much Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, and Buffalo vs. Toronto games. 32 against just 4 teams this year, and that's out of an 82 game schedule that includes 30 teams.

Not to mention how some teams (Detroit, Nashville) were able to pad their stats. Not very fair.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I hope not, you get sick of watching the same team over and over again. I would have to think that the fans will start hating it. I mean to play the same team 3 games in a row, well, it's a bit much.

Just another
on the part of Bettman!!!

What a

1 - 11 of 11 Posts