Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick who you think will win!!

CALDER MEMORIAL TROPHY (outstanding rookie): Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Dion Phaneuf, Calgary Flames.

--> Ovechkin

FRANK J. SELKE TROPHY (outstanding defensive forward): Rod Brind'Amour, Carolina Hurricanes; Mike Fisher, Ottawa Senators; Jere Lehtinen, Dallas Stars.

--> Brind'Amour

HART MEMORIAL TROPHY (most valuable player to his team): Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers; Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames; Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks.

--> Thornton

JACK ADAMS AWARD (outstanding coach): Peter Laviolette, Carolina Hurricanes; Tom Renney, New York Rangers; Lindy Ruff, Buffalo Sabres.

---> Ruff

JAMES NORRIS MEMORIAL TROPHY (outstanding defenseman): Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit Red Wings; Scott Niedermayer, Anaheim Mighty Ducks; Sergei Zubov, Dallas Stars.

--> Neidermayer

LADY BYNG MEMORIAL TROPHY (sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct): Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings; Patrick Marleau, San Jose Sharks; Brad Richards, Tampa Bay Lightning.

---> Marleau

LESTER B. PEARSON AWARD (most outstanding player as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA): Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers; Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks.

---> Jagr

VEZINA TROPHY (outstanding goaltender): Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils; Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames; Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers.

---> Kiprusoff

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree with all your picks, except Coach of the Year: Laviolette. How could he not win this award?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah you might be right with Laviolette. My only thing with them, is that they ended the season very poorly. I think he failed to integrate guys like Doug Weight into their team...

·
Registered
227 Posts
They ended the season poorly? The Canes? Huh? They won their division handily, finished 2nd in their conference, and barely missed finishing first in their conference, as well as the league. I don't agree, and considering where this team came from, the bowels of the league the previous season, I think that Laviolette winning COTY is a no brainer.

We'll see.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts