Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only 52 more posts and Hockeyforum.com will have 25,000 post made all together. Id say its pretty good for our site which is barely even a year old yet. Hopefully we can get alot more posts, and get more members from a variety of different countries.

MY BAD i only thought we need 15 more, guess its more like 50.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Too bad all of the posts are lousy, non-intelligent discussion posts. The posts are either one liners or copy and paste's by panoo.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
-NoGoal- said:
Too bad all of the posts are lousy, non-intelligent discussion posts. The posts are either one liners or copy and paste's by panoo.
At least we do post and put up news all day and night

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-NoGoal- said:
Who are you? Does anybody actually listen to your awful, lack of intelligence posts? We have some great posters around here and have a great site coming along, we dont need any of your negative input on things.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Canuck said:
Who are you? Does anybody actually listen to your awful, lack of intelligence posts? We have some great posters around here and have a great site coming along, we dont need any of your negative input on things.
I'm sorry, but regardless of what the guy said, I'd say that this is unacceptable behaviour from someone who is in a position of authority. Sure, he bashed your forum, and sure he was out of line, but you're a moderator, and as such are expected to show some objectivity and maturity. Although I am generally ok with the goings on of this forum, and quite obviously am not a consistant contributing member, I do think members have the right to be treated with more respect than what has been shown sometimes. I do not log in very often, and this is the second time I've seen a member ill-treated. Perhaps we all need to sit down, relax, and grow up a bit?

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wingsnut19 said:
I'm sorry, but regardless of what the guy said, I'd say that this is unacceptable behaviour from someone who is in a position of authority. Sure, he bashed your forum, and sure he was out of line, but you're a moderator, and as such are expected to show some objectivity and maturity. Although I am generally ok with the goings on of this forum, and quite obviously am not a consistant contributing member, I do think members have the right to be treated with more respect than what has been shown sometimes. I do not log in very often, and this is the second time I've seen a member ill-treated. Perhaps we all need to sit down, relax, and grow up a bit?
You really have no idea kid. All the Guy comes on here to do is bash the forum and make posts that are inappropriate. Your telling me I need to grow up? Im trying to get idiots like him to stop making negative posts about our forum. Try thinking before your make a long pointless paragraph like that.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
-NoGoal- said:
That's just not true. Not really much more that needs to be said about it.

I find it funny coming from a guy who always makes one lined posts usually in the post anything you want thread, lol.

Having said that if you guys have any ideas how we could improve please make a thread in the suggestion section, I'd love to hear your input.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shookem said:
That's just not true. Not really much more that needs to be said about it.

I find it funny coming from a guy who always makes one lined posts usually in the post anything you want thread, lol.

Having said that if you guys have any ideas who we could improve please make a thread in the suggestion section, I'd love to hear your input.
I agree 100% with your post shook.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Canuck said:
You really have no idea kid. All the Guy comes on here to do is bash the forum and make posts that are inappropriate. Your telling me I need to grow up? Im trying to get idiots like him to stop making negative posts about our forum. Try thinking before your make a long pointless paragraph like that.
Kid? See, already you come down on me in a condescending manner, but whatever, if thats how you want to be about it, then ok. Perhaps I do not know exactly what or how often he says things that are not collectively beneficial to this forum, but my point still stands. You need to stand above comments like that, treat them like they do not matter and are flat out not true. The whole point of him saying something like that is to get a negative reaction out of you, and clearly he succeeded. And no, I did not specifically say that you needed to grow up, I said EVERYONE involved needs to grow up, and I'm not going to excuse myself from that.

Again, I can understand trying to stop him making these comments, but would it not be easier just to delete the post? Or if he has made these comments repeatedly, and does not add to the forum except negativity, would it not be better to possibly discuss giving a temporary ban, and if he still acts out, perhaps a permanent ban?

And I'm sorry if I offended you, I was just trying to point out a problem. I do not mean to make "long pointless paragraphs" before thinking. I really thought that I had thought it out quite well, and tried to post in a way that would not come across as demeaning, while at the same time trying to get my point across. I had hopes of returning to this forum, but if my opinion, and my "long pointless paragraphs" are not welcome, then fine.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wingsnut19 said:
Kid? See, already you come down on me in a condescending manner, but whatever, if thats how you want to be about it, then ok. Perhaps I do not know exactly what or how often he says things that are not collectively beneficial to this forum, but my point still stands. You need to stand above comments like that, treat them like they do not matter and are flat out not true. The whole point of him saying something like that is to get a negative reaction out of you, and clearly he succeeded. And no, I did not specifically say that you needed to grow up, I said EVERYONE involved needs to grow up, and I'm not going to excuse myself from that.

Again, I can understand trying to stop him making these comments, but would it not be easier just to delete the post? Or if he has made these comments repeatedly, and does not add to the forum except negativity, would it not be better to possibly discuss giving a temporary ban, and if he still acts out, perhaps a permanent ban?

And I'm sorry if I offended you, I was just trying to point out a problem. I do not mean to make "long pointless paragraphs" before thinking. I really thought that I had thought it out quite well, and tried to post in a way that would not come across as demeaning, while at the same time trying to get my point across. I had hopes of returning to this forum, but if my opinion, and my "long pointless paragraphs" are not welcome, then fine.
Sorry about the way I reacted I just thought you were taking the situation way to seriously when it wasnt that big of a deal. I hope you continue to post on the site and I didnt mean that your paragraph was pointless I just thought you were overeacting when I thought it wasnt that big of a deal. And your right I will try to ignore his posts next time, because your right he is just trying to piss some of us off. Anyways again Im sorry about the mishap and hope you continue to post of this board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts