Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get an estimate from hockey enthusiasts of the value and level of interest in a highly unique and damned heavy piece of hockey memorabilia. It is a 12 in. tall version of the Canada Cup - made from solid nickel and weighing about ten pounds. It was created by Hockey Canada at the time of the first Canada Cup tournament in 1976.
My late father was President of Hockey Canada at that time and the trophy I'm talking about was presented to him during the tournament because he was one of its founders. I think there were one or two other trophies of this sort created at that time (possibly for the MVP of the tournament).
There are a couple of other items that I'd like to communicate with people about too.
Here's a website that mentions my father's hockey work.

http://douglasfisher.ca/sports-and-hockey-canada/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics of Canada Cup

Vice,
I'm trying to send a couple of pictures of the Canada Cup to this hockeyforum website and can't figure out how to do it. Can I email the images to you? And can you somehow post them on the site for me?
I also how many party pics from what I believe is Canada Cup in 1977, including macho Phil Esposito, new-hairdo Bobby Hull and Marcel Dionne drinking from stubby beer bottles.
Luke
Ottawa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts