Hockey Forum - Hockey Fan Forums - NHL Boards - View Single Post - Global Roady

Thread: Global Roady
View Single Post

Old 12-07-2010, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
rinkrat101
Rookie

rinkrat101 is on a distinguished road

Canlan 8 Rink burnaby... Canucks use to practice there, but other NHL teams are probably doing drills there still. There's an old guy who use to handle equipment of the Edmonton Oilers back in the 80's. He's working at 8 Rinks so before you leave town, get them sharpened by him, if you can.

http://vancouver.ca/parks/cc/sunset/index.htm Try that link, it shows all the ice rinks in Vancouver, Canada. Some are freshly renovated or rebuilt just before the winter Olympics.

http://www.city.burnaby.bc.ca/Home.html Burnaby is just to the east of Vancouver. This website seems vague and doesn't say much about drop in hockey. BUT, Bill Copeland has drop in hockey Monday, Wednesday and Fridays @ 1145-115. Bill Copeland was the home to the Burnaby Bulldogs and Burnaby Express.

Drop in hockey is so popular, you will have to call in advance to ensure a spot. Some will require you to show up, sign in and pay an hour or so before the game starts.

Best drop in place I've been to is 8 Rinks. I usually play with a set group of guys every season so don't really play drop in much.

There are lots of good pubs and bars in Vancouver. Just stay out of the skid row area bars... Main and Hastings. Lots of crackheads, mentals, drug users, pushers, fights, robbing... You'll know when you see the area.

If you ask anyone in town, they will tell you the closest bar or club thats good.

I've been to Joey's in Burnaby recently. Nice restaurant and bar. You can watch the Canucks play on the bigscreen in the bar side. Lots of hot waitresses there.

Hostels... I don't know of any.

Good teams to watch, Canucks, if you can afford the tickets. Lowest ticket price is about $100? I don't go to there games as it's too expensive and I know the prices of other NHL games in different cities. CASH GRAB!
rinkrat101 is offline   Reply With Quote