Hockey Fan Forums banner

skates for defense

10K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  onevadbeaver 
#1 ·
yo i play trip. a hockey and i dont kno what skates i should get. i want padding an lightness. like overall.. the vapor 40 or the 195 supreme or those reallyy light eastons

#5 ·
If you don't turn your feet you lower the risk of needing padding in your skates a lot. Learning to not turn the foot when facing a shooter is one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I wear Bauer 101's. The padding is the laces baby! I didn't even know skates came with padding :n:laugh::laugh: these days.

Best of luck man, I cannot be of much help here it seems.

Where exactly are you playing TripA anyway?

RB

#6 ·
skates for D

You might want to try the CCM Vector U+ Pro. They are a bit pricey but I think that skates are problebly the most piece of equipment. You are going to need the extra padding if you are playing D. This means more weight. I swear by CCM, I have always worn thier skates.

#7 ·
some grafs are bulky which would give them more weight, but a little more padding. Not trying to be a dick but, can we also try and spell a little better too. its a bit harder to understand what your saying when you use online short hand. Honestly skates don't come with padding so you just really have to go to the store and see which ones fit your foot because you can have the skates with the best protection as far as padding goes, but if they don't fit your foot there not the right skates for you. I have been playing defense since you have been alive I'm willing to bet and well except for when I played ball hockey in my younger years I have never not felt a shot off the foot, or had trouble skating after a shot off the ankle. They do make external protectors you can put on your skates though for things like that.

#9 ·
i dont know if what you want to look for in a skate is protection at all, if you are a defensemen, you should just buy longer pants and longer|bigger shin pads, but if you ask me, skates are all about the fit. Also, if you want more protection on your skate you can get a special piece of plastic that you can just place on the top of your skates, look un a pic of Pronger, he has them.

#11 ·
First, that's a Bauer promo video. Of course it's going to make the One95 look good. Second, both of these skates are worn at the NHL level. If those skates work for NHL players then nobody on these boards need to worry. (If you really need extra protection there are companies that sell shot blocking guards.) Finally, all the protection in the world doesn't matter if the skate doesn't properly fit your foot. Way too many people buy skates based on looks or what sounds cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.